The massive vertical rocks of Meteora dominate Kalambaka region between the mountains of Koziakas and Antichasia. This magnificence of nature reveals all its grandeur for centuries now, as it is a unique geological phenomenon and an important monument to Eastern Orthodoxy with many treasures and heirlooms kept in the complex of the monasteries. Meteora, included in the UNESCO World Heritage List, are also known as the second Aghion Oros (Mount Athos). In the monasteries that are built on the top of the cliffs on immense natural pillars and hill-like rounded boulders the monks-ascetics continue the monastic tradition for over six centuries. 6 monasteries are still functioning of a total of 24 at their peak in 16th century. Also, outside the monasteries you can find a lot of different miniature crafts.
- Formation of rocks
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Museum of Natural History and Mushrooms
- Bridge of Saracena
- Cave of Theopetra (God’s stone)
- Meteora Planetarium
- Road tolls & taxes
- Transfer in new, luxury non-smoking A/C Mercedes mini van
- Free Wi-Fi on the mini van
What’s Not Included
- Entrance tickets for museums/archaeological sites.
- Drinks & Meals
- Professional tour guide (available upon request)